Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Update... and some pictures

Well- the tests have finished and a new quater is upon us here at Angaur Elementry School. We did alright on the quartly assessments. We are short a teacher so everyone is doing a little more than normal to help bridge the gap. I'm now teaching 6th and 8th grade English; 8th grade math; 6th, 7th, and 8th Health; and 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Career Guidance. I've got a much busier schedule, but like it a lot.

Besides that, there's not much new to report. I now leave it up to you- after being scolded by my parents for not updating my blog, I've decided to do a Q&A format. So ask away. Let me know your questions, if you have any- and I'll write a post to adress it. You can email me at rsteffens@gmail.com or leave your question as a comment.
Also- I'm looking for some pen-pals for my sixth grade class. There are seven student who would love to team up with some kids their ages in America. So if anyone can help with that, I'd be aprreciative. We're in the US postal system, so mail comes very quickly and it doesn't cost any more to send a letter to Palau than it does to send a letter anywhere in America.
Enjoy some pictures:


Just a normal, everyday sunset in Angaur, Palau

My host brother, Cortez, taking a dive off the dock.


My host family's house

A little lizard that I found in my house.

The retired principal of Angaur Elementry- also my host uncle.

Another sunset.

The school kids at Christmas with Santa there to visit.

My host father, Emiliano.

My host brother, Valdez

My host brother, Cortez.

7 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing. It would be really great to see some pictures of you on your blog also.
    Ideas for future blogs - a typical day on the island; a visit to Koror; Crabbing; What a ride (transportation); This is the way the garden grows - just a few ideas of things people ask me about and I have no idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing. It would be really great to see some pictures of you on your blog also.
    Ideas for future blogs - a typical day on the island; a visit to Koror; Crabbing; What a ride (transportation); This is the way the garden grows - just a few ideas of things people ask me about and I have no idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be curious to see how your perceptions of American culture/life have changed now that you are on the outside and can look to the life that you have temporarily left behind. How are you different as a person? How do you view Americans? How do you view American life? What are the major differences in people from other cultures if any?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lizard picture!! What are some the craziest things you've eaten since you've been on your adventure? What's the most interesting "non-American" holiday you've celebrated?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed the pictures Robert. Keep us posted on what the garden yields and how it looks. Sue and Brian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good going Robert! I really like the pictures and the update on how you are helping students. I am praying not only for your safety while miles away from emergency care but also for God to use you to impact the people you are around. I guess it goes with saying that I would also like you to be impacted by your new friends and family. Keep up the good work, you are a true pioneer.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete