Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I'm Off...

It’s here, the experience I’ve been waiting nearly a year for. In a few short hours I’ll be on a plane to Los Angles to begin my Peace Corps journey. What was excitement and anticipation a few days ago has changed into anxiety and apprehension. The “good-byes” from the last few weeks are really starting to set in. Luckily, the Peace Corps literature says that this is normal. I’m certain that once I set foot on the airplane things will be different. By then all the “good-byes” will have been said and I will start doing just the opposite, meeting new people.

I do believe that I owe everyone a big thank you- I really couldn’t do this without the love and support from my family and friends. These last few weeks really reaffirmed how lucky I am to have you all in my life. From the baked goods to the help shopping/packing- thank you, thank you, and thank you.

Not knowing exactly what the near future holds for me, I don’t know when the next time I’ll be able to update my blog will be. I will do my best to update as soon as I can.

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering when it would set in - but it is really normal - you are leaving behind everything that is familiar and comfortable and heading into the unknown. But you are going with the love and support of many and with the assurance that whatever happens it is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha so just cause the peace corp says its normal you blinding acccept it????? ahhhh my dear cousin i have lots to teach you when you return ;P

    kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. So are you alive or what. I expected to hear about you getting attacked by a monkey or something already. -Cullen

    ReplyDelete